Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Final Email to the i4i Team

Hello i4i'ers -

This email is the "official" end of the project. It has been a great pleasure to work with each of you during the last few months. We worked hard, yet had fun! We over-delivered and this is good. Here are our final work products:

1. Baloh, P., Jha, S., Desouza, K.C., Kim, J.Y., Awazu, Y., Dombrowski, C. “Building Partnerships for Innovation,” Technical Report, # I4I-I3M-InnovBusPart-1, Institute for Innovation in Information Management, The Information School, University of Washington, October, 2006, 35 pages.
2. Desouza, K.C., and Dombrowski, C. “Six Case Studies on Organizational Innovation,” Technical Report, # I4I-I3M-InnovCases-1, Institute for Innovation in Information Management, The Information School, University of Washington, October, 2006, 30 pages.
3. Dombrowski, C., Kim, J.Y., Desouza, K.C., Braganza, A., Papagari, S., Baloh, P., and Jha, S. “Elements of Innovative Cultures,” Technical Report, # I4I-I3M-InnovCult-1, Institute for Innovation in Information Management, The Information School, University of Washington, October, 2006, 20 pages.
4. Desouza, K.C., Dombrowski, C., Awazu, Y., Baloh, P., Papagari, S., Kim, J.Y., and Jha, S. “Crafting Organizational Innovation Processes,” Technical Report, #I4I-I3M-InnovProc-1, Institute for Innovation in Information Management, The Information School, University of Washington, August, 2006, 35 pages.
5. Desouza, K.C., Awazu, Y., Jha, S., Dombrowski, C., Papagari, S., Baloh, P., and Kim, J.Y. “Customer-Driven Innovation,” Technical Report, #I4I-I3M-CustInnov-1, Institute for Innovation in Information Management, The Information School, University of Washington, August, 2006, 28 pages.
6. Awazu, Y., Baloh, P., Desouza, K.C., Wecht, C.H., Kim, J.Y., and Jha, S. “Opening up Innovation through Information-Communication Technologies,” Technical Report, #I4I-I3M-InnovICT-1, Institute for Innovation in Information Management, The Information School, University of Washington, July, 2006, 16 pages.

All in all, this project has generated over 160 pages of content. The sponsors of the research are thrilled.

With the end of one project, we have the beginning of a new project. I have put a new proposal under review for funding. Should we get the funding, I will be in touch with each of you to join the next effort. The next effort will look at linking innovation to business value and also communicating the value of business innovation.

Thanks once again for all your hard work, and now let us wait for all the papers to get accepted at journals.

Get some rest now and thanks once again for making this project a success!

Cheers,
Kev

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kevin and the Team,

this all has been a great learning opportunity. I have never imagined that there can be one such productive endeavour and that even collaboration among distributed members can be so frutiful. No doubt, orchestration of efforts and clear goals, both factors of great leardership by Kevin, were one of the must critical factors, to get our diverse knowledge into a whole of six different technical reports. Thank you Kevin for this, and of course, thank you to everyone for the knowledge shared.

I am also thrilled, that this has only been the first step. We have order-delivered and the technical reports have been distributed to the companies. I would say that after getting the feedback from the journals, and advancing to new project which Kevin describes, will be again challenging. The first as implementing the critical phase of learning (the double loop learning -- "reasoning why"): reflecting the critical reviews and incorporating them into the journal papers, and secondly, advancing the knowledge learned into even more specific knowledge areas.

We have achieved tremendously lot, however, there is the 'unknown' waiting to be explored even further. Both of these thrills would never be possible without I4I. Thank you all, I am looking forward to the next opportunity on working with each and everyone of you.

Best regards from Slovenia,

Peter